Escape rooms have been a phenomenon for adults for the past few years. Escape rooms are usually themed – resembling enchanted forests, dungeons, mummy tombs, space stations or various other locals. In an escape room, a team of up to 12 players need to solve puzzles, gather clues, and figure out how to win the escape room within 45 to 60 minutes. Players are scored based on how quickly they resolve the puzzles. Escaping the room is the end goal of most game scenarios, and teamwork is essential to solve most escape room puzzles.
Escape rooms aren’t just for adults, however. An escape room for kids is the ideal adventure for a school field trip, birthday party, or playdate.
Are escape rooms kid friendly?
Absolutely! Since the emphasis on solving an escape room is >brainpower and teamwork, kids escape using the same skills. There’s little worry about physical injury in an escape room for kids. They are meant to be safe for players of all ages and they work great when combined with birthday parties, school trips, and special events. An escape game for kids is the perfect family event since it brings people together, emphasizes unity and problem solving, and is an event that anyone can participate in. Escape room kids game also develop leadership and problem solving skills, combining fun and education.
What makes escape rooms entertaining for all ages?
We provide escape room themes that appeal to all ages, and all our rooms are designed to spark the imagination of young minds. In addition, our escape rooms are designed to be as educational as they are fun! We’re always changing and expanding our selection of escape room games for kids, so stay tuned!
Are escape rooms too difficult for kids?
Absolutely not. Our kid friendly escape rooms are designed as family adventures where everyone can participate. The puzzles in a kid escape room are based on simple spelling and arithmetic, and are designed to be solved by the entire group. Persistence and teamwork are the key to solving our escape rooms.
Is there an age limit?
Our rooms are designed for anyone from the ages of 7 on up. Children between 7 and 12 must be accompanied by an adult, and children under 6 are not allowed. We do not have a waiting area for babies or toddlers, so we recommend making sure that younger children have a sitter while your family enjoys their adventure. Escape the room for kids is a fun and exciting adventure that your children will be talking about for years.
Tips for enjoying an escape room with kids
- There is no special gear or items needed. Bring your wits and your family. Nothing else is needed or allowed.
- The doors will be locked, however, our staff always monitors the room on CCTV. You will be able to signal that you need to leave the room if there is a serious problem. Under normal circumstances, however, you will not be able to leave the room until you either solve the puzzles, or the time limit runs out.
- Normally, our rooms are designed for a group of 12. If you arrive with less than 12 people, you can still play! You’ll be paired with other guests who will be your teammates in escaping the room. This is a great way to make new friends and develop your teamwork skills! It’s also a great way for your kids to make new friends and develop social and leadership skills.
- Phones are not allowed (unless you are a professional on call).
- Our escape rooms are a great option for birthday parties, field trips, and other kid-only events. If you book a room, make sure to work with our representative to choose a room that works well for kids and your group. We’re happy to host kid themed parties such as birthdays with appropriate themes. Our escape rooms are the perfect playdate for any group of children!
Book your Great Room Escape adventure now
So, what are you waiting for? A Great Room Escape is a great option for giving your little ones a gift that teaches teamwork and puzzle solving. Give us a call so we can help you plan your next party. Your little ones will be talking about their escape room adventure, and will want to come back, again and again! Call the nearest Great Room Escape and book your party today!